February 2018

We had an amazing month! We started out the month finishing up our winter home projects. We painted our kitchen island (which turned out to be quite the project) and remodeled our half bath.

Finding the right color for our island proved much much harder than I thought. I tried many many colors before deciding on the right one.

After I painted the "right" one over the entire island I stood back to admire my work and decided it was the worst color ever invented.
So back to the drawing board. The next color I used is much better.
new color on left
I still think I might alter it slightly, but for right now I am happy with how it turned out. Either way, it was a fun project, and I learned a lot about color!

The half bath was...bad. Really really bad. I have been wanting to fix it since before we moved in, but I just wasn't inspired by anything. 
Finally, I found a color palate and the pieces just fell into place. I love how it turned out. 






Ellasen and Tim went to the Daddy Daughter Dance this month. The other neighborhood mom's and I organized a fancy dinner for them at the club. The girls and dads had a great time! 

















Ellasen's school had a pink out day! It was so cute to see all those kiddos in all pink.


The Owners of the Georgia Swarm lacrosse team invited the girls and me to watch a game in the owner's box this month. We had a great time watching the game and looking for daddy down on the field.

Tim and I celebrated my birthday this month with dinner and a movie. We saw The Greatest Showman. It was such a good movie!
I also got flowers from my parents and Tim. It was such a great birthday. 

We also had a wonderful Valentine's day. Tim gave me an amazing gift this year, Tiffany diamond earrings. I love them! I ordered steaks from a butcher in Chicago as Tim's gift! 


Tim and I finally went on our vacation this month! We got 5 whole days to ourselves at a resort in the Dominican Republic. We had the absolute best time and returned rested and recharged! 
































In order for Tim and I to take our vacation, my mom and Aunt Di came to watch the girls. My mom came a little early so we got to spend some time together. We even got to go to the twins' school to help with their Valentine's Day party. Eden got to do the class calendar and of course, my mom was like mother goose with all the kiddos on her lap. 



We also had a big girls' day out with nails, pottery painting and lunch! 

While Tim and I were on our trip the girls had so much fun with Nana and Aunt Di. They did puzzles, played dress up and went to Disney on Ice. 



Next month will probably be pretty calm. The little girls start music class up again and Ellasen is starting golf lessons. We are looking forward to some warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment