A Hard Goodbye

As many of you know we lost our dear sweet dog Titan last week. I hadn't had a chance to blog about Christmas yet when he got sick, and now it doesn't feel right to blog about Christmas without first blogging about  the loss of our buddy. We got Titan as a puppy almost 5 years ago. He got sick shortly before the new year. He had an operation, but ended up passing away in our home about 29 hours later. It was sudden, and it has left a hole in our home and in our lives. I can't tell you how differently it feels in our home now. It is quieter, there is less to do, there is a little less joy...at least for now. There is no tail thumping or loud barking. There are no more scratches or slobbery dog kisses. For those of you that knew him Titan was not just a dog...he was a presence. Wherever I looked in our home I could see him. Wherever I went in the house he followed me. I didn't realize just how much a part of my routine he was, or how comforted I felt by him on the nights Tim was on call or out of town. I never realized how much I talked to him throughout the day. I never realized how nice it was to see him at the top of our stairs wagging his tail to greet us when we got home each day. From the funny way he would sit on the couch to the way he would put his paw around you when you laid on the floor with him, he was a character. He had his flaws, we all do, but he was part of our family. He was my baby before I had a baby. I have as many puppy pictures of him as I do newborn pictures of Ellasen. People reading this who are dog people will get it, you'll know, you may even shed a tear if you knew Titan or if you've ever lost a dog of your own. The unconditional love of a dog...there is just nothing like it. A sincere thank you goes out to our friends and family who have been supportive during this tough time. We are sad. We miss him to the point of ache. Time will pass, it will get easier, but for now we pray for comfort where there doesn't seem to be any. Rest high Titan. We love you.


















3 comments:

  1. We love you guys! I'm sorry for your loss. Well said, Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry Rebecca! Titan was definitely a presence and I know you guys will miss him.

    ReplyDelete