We Made It!

I feel a little like I have been through a war. I know that is sort of a terrible thing to say given that I actually don't have the faintest idea of what war is really like, but I imagine it is pretty dirty. We went a week without a washing machine, and more days than I care to admit without showers or baths because we couldn't find anything to bathe with like shower curtains, soap, towels etc. I also imagine war is exhausting. We have three children and a dog who really don't understand what is going on at all. They have been bounced around here to there and have really just decided they are over it. Therefore, we are all getting a lot less sleep. I also imagine war is frustrating.  Our wonderful packing crew labeled everything we own bags and shoes. That's it. Bags and shoes. 78 boxes of bags and shoes. Needless to say it was overwhelming trying to dig through all those boxes and still feel like we couldn't find anything we needed. While I am dirty, and exhausted and frustrated, we have a lot to be thankful for already. Our WiFi was installed today! My washer and dryer came today too! We have a lot more space with room for everyone to spread out. We also had a very excited 4 year old who got to start Kindergarten at a brand new school that she seems to love. We have seen some good friends. The twins each got a new tooth which seems to be a fun new development and life in general just keeps plugging along...

First bath together!

Playing with new friends!





My mom watching three of our babies in the hotel room

Our moving truck

Ellasen and Gunner in front of our new house!

I didn't take a ton of pictures because really who has the time, but now that things are settling down we will get back in the swing of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment