Home Town 2.0

This post will cover the second half of our summer in Michigan. We have been staying really busy! We are about a week away from joining Tim in NYC, and while we are thrilled to have our family reunited we are really going to miss my parents, the rest of my family and this beautiful state! This second half of our summer included a trip to the zoo, a visit from daddy, a night of camping, fishing, some out of town guests, a family reunion, a baseball game, some beach time and much more! Take a look at what we have been up to below!

Gunner keeping Daddy's spot warm


Beach! 

Ellasen and Uncle Dave watering the grass



My brother and sister-in-law are having a baby so they decided to have a gender reveal party!

They let the grandparents hit a pinata until pink or blue candy fell out


The pinata was supposed to look like my sister-in-law...BLUE CANDY! 

Doing Our Hair

Ellasen got her first Barbie for giving up a baby toy she has slept with since she was born! 

Daddy came to town and took us to the zoo! 

I think I have this picture with every member of my family as I was growing up: John Ball of John Ball Zoo

How big are an eagle's wings?

Playing on the wooden train at the zoo

I think everyone in Grand Rapids has this picture...under the waterfall at John Ball Zoo

Up close to a bear! 

Riding a camel

Playing the bongos! 

My happy place! 

The water was so warm! 

My mom and dad

My sand bunny! 


Aunt Di and Ellasen at lunch on the beach

Tim at Rose's looking out at Reed's Lake

Camping with some cousins! 

Ellasen and Sofi checking out the lake


First time in a camper! 

Roasting marshmallows! 

S'mores! 

Add caption



Ellasen and Uncle Steve getting ready to fish! 

Success!


Wearing Mommy's glasses! 

Cousin Eva and Ellasen - Ellasen ADORES her! 



Notice the double forked chocolate cake monster! I am pretty sure my grandma encouraged this because one of her five food groups is chocolate! 


Swimming with cousin Davis



Ice cream! 

Add caption


Climbing cousins at our Saugatuck picnic








Baseball game fun! 







My brother and sister-in-law and I went to a movie in the park downtown. The picture doesn't do it justice! tons of people and a beautiful setting on the river! 


Lunch, shopping  and more lake time in Rockford

Superman Ice Cream...a Michigan (and Uncle Jason) favorite! 

The marina at Saugatuck

Blue Moon Ice Cream...a Michigan staple! 

If you managed to make it through those pictures our next post will most likely be coming to you from New York City! We probably have one or two more adventures left here in Michigan, and then it is onto the next stage in our lives! We couldn't have been happier with the way this summer has gone, and we are so grateful to my parents for putting up with us for almost 7 weeks! Thanks Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment