New York and Other Adventures

I am happy to say that our little family has been reunited (minus one puppy) finally in New York City! We arrived last Sunday evening, and Tim met us at the airport. He had moved us in (dropped boxes in the dining room) and accepted a furniture delivery the day before. Ellasen and I flew into the airport and Tim met us there. When we got to our new apartment Tim had some flowers for me, and a new Ariel Barbie for Ellasen. 
Ellasen's first taxi ride! No car seat! 

Ariel! 

Happy Family

We set out immediately to check out our new neighborhood and find some dinner!


 Ellasen and I spent most of the next week getting the apartment in order. I have a hard time relaxing when things are a mess or out of place so I knew that I had to make that a priority!





We did manage to slip in a quick play date with a friend and a couple of park dates too. Tim had Saturday off so we made our first trek to Central Park. There are 21 playgrounds in Central Park and we hit up one of them! 









By Monday the house was pretty much put together, and I was feeling much more relaxed. Today Ellasen and I went with another friend to ride the tram over the river to Roosevelt Island. There wasn't much to do on the island, but the tram picks up right by our apartment and it goes in the air over the water so the kids loved it!






The views of the city from the island were amazing! 
So far we are really loving the city and our neighborhood. The upper east side is super family friendly. There are several restaurants nearby with kids menus and crayons! I have found many of the comforts of home here. There is a TJ MAXX and a Bed Bath and Beyond just a block or two away. There were four little kids having a lemonade stand on our front stoop this afternoon. We even found a delicious bbq place on the corner which serves decent southern comfort food! I am talking collared greens, pickled okra, brown sugar baked beans and yams!  There have also been things that have pushed me out of my comfort zone. I still fumble a little with my wallet whenever it is time to tip someone...I am not super smooth yet. Ordering groceries online to be delivered to the door is very different, but this might be something I could get used to! Overall we are really enjoying ourselves! We look forward to more daily adventures exploring our new city!

In other news, I know most of you already know this, but I thought I would make it blog official. Our family is going to be growing some time this holiday season. We are expecting triplets! I am a little over 20 weeks along. We have two very healthy little girls growing away in there! Unfortunately our third baby isn't doing very well. Baby C is growing fine, but has very low fluid, and only a two vessel cord. The doctors have told us there is very little chance this baby will be coming home with us. Obviously this is all very overwhelming, and we are really just trying to take it day by day. The more Baby C grows and moves the harder this all gets. We are trying not to let it overshadow the joy we feel about our twin girls. Some days that is is easier than other days. Triplets is extremely high risk, and we are really trying to keep that in mind. Nothing is guaranteed, and while I seem to be handling the pregnancy well so far, anything could happen. Triplets are almost all born by 32 weeks. They will induce me at 36 weeks if I haven't had them. These babies WILL be premature. We don't want to be negative, but we are trying to manage our expectations somewhat. That being said, we are thankful for those of you that have been praying for us, and we will do our best to keep you posted on the triplets progress!


14 Weeks

16 Weeks

18 Weeks
20 Weeks

I am measuring about 2 months ahead of where I would be if we were having one baby,
and I think I look pretty close (I might be a little bigger this time!)
to how I looked full term with Ellasen. See below:
36 Weeks with Ellasen
20 Weeks with Triplets
 I have one baby on my bladder, one behind my belly button and one on my left lung. Fun! I have all the normal aches and pains associated with a single pregnancy I just have them three times earlier and maybe a little worse!

Back in Rochester Tim and I told some close friends our big news. My very sweet friends threw me a little surprise baby sprinkle! It was so sweet and so much fun! They were all trying to get ready to move, and had been busily packing up their lives, and they took time out to do this for me! I thought it was so sweet!







10 comments:

  1. I have been eagerly awaiting this post, Rebecca! So glad that you guys are settled in and enjoying New York. I'm sad to hear about "C" but join in the rejoicing over two sweet twin girls. Prayers are continually coming your way and we are excited to hear all about your crazy journey toward "Mom of many" hood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! We are excited about our girls, and enjoying the big city!

      Delete
  2. Ditto to what the excellent writer Tara said. We are so excited for you! Thanks for the update...it looks like you are all settled and we can't wait to hear more about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your apartment looks great! And, I love the belly shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! CONGRATS Griffith Family! What exciting news. I will be praying for all of your babies. what a journey you have ahead of you. I don't know much about triplets, but am currently surviving with twins - email if it would be helpful. Much love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph! I've been meaning to email you! I definitely need your multiple knowledge! New Zealand looks beautiful! I hope you are enjoying it! I'll email you soon!

      Delete
  5. Wow!! Congratulations! I had no idea! Sweet little Baby C (and A&B!) will be very much in my prayers. I hope you are enjoying the Big Apple - what a change from Rochester!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rebecca! Yes, big change! We are liking it a lot though. I hope you are enjoying fellowship too !

    ReplyDelete