Warning: Epic Post Ahead

We have been having many adventures here in NYC. The weather has been great, and we are trying to get in a lot of fun before the babies arrive! Our treks across the city have ranged from trips to the neighborhood park to excursions that require changing subway trains three times!

The Bronx Zoo




Since we started talking about NYC Ellasen has been wanting to see the Statue of Liberty. We took the Staten Island Ferry because the view is amazing and it is free! It is really hard to get a good picture because of the shadows, but Ellasen was fascinated. 






Manhattan Children's Museum...they have a whole floor of Dora and Diego! We went with some friends, and I had to get mostly action shots because the girls were all so busy the whole time! 















Our friends the Barlows came for a visit on Labor Day. It was a rainy day so we mostly stuck around the house, but it was so good to see them! 



We have been going to a playgroup at a church down the street on Tuesday mornings. The kids play and then there is story time and snack time. 

We have also been enjoying our "backyard". This garden and playground is right behind our building, and has been so nice for just a quick trip outdoors. It is beautiful and a vary rare space in NYC. 





Madison Square Park with friends




 They had a brown paper bag puppet creation station at the playground. The girls loved it!



 On the way home we found this cool water feature right in the city. One of the things I love about NYC is no matter where you look there is something interesting to see. 



China Town and Little Italy






Yummy Italian bread


 Yummy gelato...

 Ellasen got a fan in China Town...I got a purse, a scarf and a necklace...for like $20. Score!

Ellasen also started preschool three days a week. She says she wants to be a police officer when she grows up. Last year she wanted to be a farmer! 



Union Square Park



We went to see Fancy Nancy the Musical with some friends. Ellasen dressed in her fanciest outfit for the show, and she got to show it off to the cast after the show! 








Tim has been a team doctor for the Mets since he started his fellowship, and this past Sunday we joined him for a game. The weather was beautiful, and we had amazing seats! 









In babies news, we recently lost baby C. We were very sad and took some time to grieve that loss, but we know that a loss now will inevitably save us from greater sadness later. We tried really hard not to get attached, and overall we are really doing okay. The girls are doing really well, and we are trying to focus on the joy of having twin girls in a few months! I am 24 weeks pregnant now, and I am hoping to get to 36 weeks. I am feeling pretty good aside from the fact that I have been feeling how most people feel full term for about 4 weeks now. I have aches and pains, but I am very thankful for every day that these little ones stay put! 

Don't laugh...

24 weeks Pregnant with Twins









8 comments:

  1. Love reading about all your fun adventures. Really sorry to hear about baby C, but glad to know the twins are doing great. And, you look great!!! I was actually thinking you looked tiny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree completely with Esther! You look great! And, I am so sorry about baby C. You guys will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your "don't laugh" comment...you look great! You have two babies in there, amazing! So sorry to hear about baby C, glad the twins are doing good though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not laughing, girl, I'm amazed at how great you look with TWO BABIES on board! I'm so sorry about "C" and I'm glad you were able to give yourself permission to mourn that little one even in the midst of the girls thriving. That must have been hard in a number of ways. Thanks for continuing to share your journey and I'm so excited to "meet" A and B on the blog in a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed, but only at your "don't laugh" comment, not at you! You look great! We'll keep sending prayers and positive thoughts your way for a LOOOOONG pregnancy!! Can't wait to see you again soon! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, DocBlogger, is Jon's name...This is Emily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! Thanks ladies! I see that my shameless plea for compliments did not go unnoticed. You all are the best friends a pregnant lady ( or any lady for that matter) could ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I'm so sorry to hear about baby C. I'll be sure to keep you in my thoughts! My name is Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer my quick question about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete