More NYC Adventures

I am trying to do blog posts more often because I know once the twins arrive I will feel very overwhelmed with any posts of epic proportions. Luckily the epic-ness of our adventures will probably diminish greatly with their arrival unless you consider a steady stream of diaper changes, feedings and burp sessions epic. Since I am guessing you don't, our posts, for a little while at least, will probably consist of a photo or two and a quick blurb about weight gain and sleep schedules. Get Excited! While we wait though we have been keeping busy. We went back down to Bryant Park, and so far it is really one of my favorite little areas in NYC. There is a pretty Christmas tree overlooking the ice skating rink and tons of little shops selling everything from jewelry and art to yummy food and drinks. It seems very festive! Plus we got to eat lunch outside the first week of December which is pretty much amazing considering where I spent my last 5 Decembers.




The New York Public Library is right near Bryant Park so we headed over there after some lunch and shopping. We have a little library in our neighborhood that we go to often, but we wanted to make sure we saw the main branch while we were here. Amazing! 

Hard to see, but the lion's head is iconic




Every building in NYC has a beautiful Christmas tree!



Replica of the Great Green Room from Goodnight Moon

The original Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals

The Secret Garden

Back at our apartment the building staff is busy getting ready for the holidays. Our courtyard is getting many colored lights and a Christmas tree! 

We decided since the babies could come any time that we should take Ellasen to see Santa. Even though we knew the lines would be long we couldn't resist taking her to the world famous Macy's on 34th St. to see the most iconic Santa there has ever been. She may not remember it, but she can always say she was there! We waited a long time, but I am really glad we went. They have this whole magical Santaland area so there is a ton to look at while you are waiting in line. Ellasen thought Santaland was pretty cool, and she repeatedly pointed things out to us that she saw. All words stopped when she saw Santa though. She was absolutely starstruck. The wonder that came over her face was so complete it was totally worth the wait. She told him she wanted a Dora dollhouse and Dora jammies. It was totally precious! 
Checking out the windows while waiting


The "train" to Santaland
















We went to a Christmas concert at Erin and John's church on Saturday. They go to a beautiful old church in our neighborhood. There was a beautiful choir and a good band too. I didn't get any photos, but it was a lot of fun! 

We also got great tickets to a Knicks game! They were playing the Celtics. The Knicks are not having a great year, and the Celtics are at the top of the league so the Knicks didn't win, but it was still fun to go see them play in Madison Square Garden! We got to see a jumbo tron proposal (she said yes), the Knicks City Dancers and famous spectators (Adam Sandler). Another item checked off the NYC bucket list! 







In twins news, not much has changed since my last post. I am 36 weeks today. I did find out that despite it having been scheduled for weeks, the head of labor and delivery decided that I cannot have my c-section on the 19th since it is technically before I turn 38 weeks. I am really disappointed mostly because the other options are just kind of stinky. I can either be scheduled on the 23rd which means I will for sure be in the hospital for Christmas or the 26th which means the girls possibly won't be here by Christmas! My only hope right now is to go into labor spontaneously sometime pretty soon! I am still hopeful that I will go a little early. I want the girls to be healthy and safe, but I am really ready to be done, and I would love to have everyone home and healthy by Christmas! 


No comments:

Post a Comment