Thanksgiving, Friends and the Met

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! We didn't get to spend it with family, but we usually don't so that wasn't surprising. We got to experience a Thanksgiving tradition New York City style with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Thanksgiving Eve Tim took Ellasen to watch the giant balloons being blown up. The weather was terrible, but I think they had fun!

Sonic

Hippo

Spongebob

A Duck in front and Hello Kitty behind

The next day we headed down to the parade as a family. There was no way to get there at the recommended 6 AM time with a 4 year old and a super pregnant mommy so we just headed down around 10 to see how close we could get. The first spot we tried was kind of a bust because they weren't letting viewers within a block of the parade, but I did snap a couple of pictures of Bryant Park's Christmas shops...very festive!





The next spot we tried was much better! We got to see a lot of the parade including many of the big balloons! After the parade we headed home for some hot chocolate while we watched the recorded parade on the TV. 










Santa and Mrs. Claus!


That night we went to the Griffin's house for Thanksgiving dinner! I only snapped a couple of photos, but the food was A-MAZ-ING! We had a great time all together!

The beautiful table

Just some of the food!

The Saturday after Thanksgiving the Barlow's came to visit for the day. We wanted to do something having to do with Christmas so we headed down to Rockefeller Center to check on the progress of the tree. We got to see a lot of the windows on 5th Ave on the way down, and the decorating of Rockefeller Center is well under way. The official tree lighting isn't for a few more days, but the tree is up and the lights are strung. There are also many other decorations around the area. We even saw Santa ice skating! We had a great time! 

Ellasen and Kylie

Tim holding Ellasen and Kylie up to see the tree



Look closely and you can see Santa on the ice




Tim and I took Ellasen to the Metropolitan Museum of Art today. It was amazing! So many famous and fabulous exhibits! We only did the first floor, but we were too tired to keep going!  










Ellasen checking out a piece...









The famous Met Christmas Tree




Faberge Eggs

Picasso



Georgia O'Keefe



We have also done a little decorating for Christmas. We don't have a ton of room, but we wanted to make sure we made Christmas special for Ellasen and our family coming to help with the babies! 
Our "mantle" for the year


Stockings for our new family of 5! 


In twins news we are 35 weeks today! I am having weekly non-stress tests and fluid checks where they measure the babies heartbeats and movement. I have another one tomorrow. We could have these babies at any time! We finally feel totally ready. There are always a few odds and ends and nesting things I can do, but for the most part we are good to go. We are excited to meet these two little girls! I am going to miss feeling them move inside me, but I am anxious to get my body back too! I am really super swollen, and it is getting really uncomfortable! We don't know exactly what they weigh, but we are pretty sure they are over 5 lbs by now! That means I have over 10 lbs of just baby in there!! 

35 Weeks Pregnant with Twins

Some of my girlfriends have been busy making me some amazing gifts for the twins! This week I got two quilts from Emily and a ton of burp cloths and two car seat covers from Sari! These girls are amazingly talented, and I am so lucky to have them make me such wonderful gifts! I can't wait for the girls to be here so we can use all of it! I'll take a picture of the car seat covers once they are on the car seats.

Burp Cloths from Sari

Quilts from Emily








No comments:

Post a Comment