Ellasen is 5 Years Old!


I cannot believe that five years ago today this little bright eyed bug came into our lives! She is truly one of the kindest, sweetest and most loving kids I know. She is so smart and funny it blows me away. I am so proud to be her mom, and I am so glad her sisters have such a great example in their lives! Ellasen is in private kindergarten where she excels. She goes from 8-3 5 days a week. Her teacher's name is Ms. Winter and she says "Ellasen is an absolute joy to teach."She really takes pride in her work and in her daily reports home. She can't wait to show me everything they have been up to during the day! She also wants me to read her daily report right away, and she loves to get her homework done as soon as she gets home. I hope this continues as long as possible! Ellasen's favorite subjects are reading, writing and art, but she is gaining more and more interest in math every day. She really likes Spanish too, and she will often tell me what the Spanish word for something is when she sees it. For her birthday this year we are giving her one hour a week of gymnastics and ballet. I know she will love it. We are also going to look into some art classes for her soon. I will forever be grateful to Ellasen for making me a mommy five years ago, and I am really excited to see what this next year brings for her! 

At 5 Ellasen:
*Can tie her shoes
*Can read over 100 sight words
*Can sound out many more
*Can write the whole alphabet in upper and lower case
*Can do simple addition and subtraction
*Can feed her sisters baby food or yogurt
*Loves to read and write
*Loves to sing and perform
*Loves Disney's Frozen, Doc McStuffins & Curious George
*Weighs 37 lbs
*Is 43" tall
*Sleeps from 7-7:15 
*Doesn't nap
*Takes quiet time in the afternoon on the weekends
*Loves her sisters and will play with them and entertain them
*Has an amazing memory
*Can count as high as you want her to in any way you want (by 5's, 10's, backwards, etc)
*Loves pizza, chicken, spaghetti, fruit, green beans, ice cream, fish and mac & cheese

We love this girl to the moon and back, and we are so glad she belongs to us! 



No comments:

Post a Comment